Recent posts

Pregunta Power grid question

• Brinley Taliesin
  • Autor del tema
  • Gracias recibidas: 30

Power grid question Publicado por Brinley Taliesin

Posted 24 Mar 2020 10:57 #84
Hi :) I'm just startng out with Satyr Farm and your extension packages. I have taken/used water from the silver-grey Powered(?) water tower that came bundled on the power grid platform but how do I get it to refill? My grid has a couple hundred kWh stored in the controller, and the SF Electric pump is right next to the tower and says "Idle". Clicking the tower gives the normal SF Water Tower menu "Add Water" "Get Water" "Close". Its name is also the same as normal ones, "SF Water Tower" though it does have the power_water_tower script in it. The SF Electric Pump has no menu or options.

An unrelated question: How long should it take for the normal water tower to refill from 0%? It seemed to go up very slowly so I placed several more Wind Pumps around it but that didn't seem to have any effect, and they all stayed at 100%.

Thanks for any help and looking forward to farming :)
por Brinley Taliesin

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

• Admin
  • Gracias recibidas: 258

Respuesta de Admin sobre el tema Power grid question

Posted 24 Mar 2020 12:32 #85
Hi there. For the electric powered water tower, when the water level in it goes below about 40% it should start the pump which tops it up by about 25% It will probably never get much above 65% unless topped up by water buckets, but also it should never drop much below 40% either. You only need one SF Electric Pump per region as it will feed all electric water towers in the region (as long as you have enough energy reserves) and can be placed anywhere you want, it doesn't have to be next to a tower.

For the traditional system, the wind pump only supplies water to one "SF Water Tower" (the closest one) It will work with the new electric ones, so if you put one next to a water tower, that would top it up also as well as the electric pump. Also, if you rename the electric water tower, it will continue to work with the electric pump, but the wind pump won't try and send it water any-more.

When you first rez a wind pump it takes about 2 hours to fill up. Once full it sends 2% water to the water tower and repeats this every 2 hours (it's set as 1000 seconds in the script). The traditional water tower should start at 100% full when you rez it and it drops by 2% each time something takes water from it (such as a plant, feeder or a bucket)

Hope that all makes sense and helps you out :)
Last Edit:24 Mar 2020 12:34 por Admin
Última Edición: 24 Mar 2020 12:34 por Admin.

• Brinley Taliesin
  • Autor del tema
  • Gracias recibidas: 30

Respuesta de Brinley Taliesin sobre el tema Power grid question

Posted 24 Mar 2020 15:33 #86
Oh ok great, the powered tower was only around 45% and I was wondering why it wasn't filling lol. Thanks very much for the 'splanation!
por Brinley Taliesin

• Admin
  • Gracias recibidas: 258

Respuesta de Admin sobre el tema Power grid question

Posted 24 Mar 2020 16:55 #87
I'm glad you asked as I'm not sure why I set it to work like that! I'll probably change it soon!
por Admin

VivoSim Grid - Stats

7d uptime badge   24h uptime badge   1h uptime badge

GridStatus: ONLINE

Online_Now: 5

Visitors_Last_30_Days: 238

Total_Regions: 15

Login_URL: hg.vivosim.net:8002

XML format
JSON format

VivoSim Shop

donate

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Mintor