Question Farmer NPCs not putting harvested crops in storage

• Calder Darkstone
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Farmer NPCs not putting harvested crops in storage was created by Calder Darkstone

Posted 04 Apr 2021 23:38 #1414
Wondering what might be preventing the farmer NPC from taking the bushels from the harvested fields and placing them in any of the storage racks? Here's what the config section looks like and the racks are probably < 10m from the farmer kiosk. Haven't changed any of the default names. I also have the SF Basic Storage right next to them, too.
ENABLE_HARVESTING=1
#
# Where to store harvested items (default is SF Storage Rack)
HARVEST_STORE=SF Storage Rack
by Calder Darkstone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Admin
  • Thank you received: 258

Replied by Admin on topic Farmer NPCs not putting harvested crops in storage

Posted 05 Apr 2021 11:59 #1415
Have you checked the crops are listed in the config notecard. You need to list all the items you wish to be collected (and you do need to get the upper/lower case right)  Also the farmer won't collect any crops that appear with the auto-harvest turned on, instead the farmer must harvest them first:
Code:
TREE=SF Small Field|1|Potatoes,Onions,Carrots
etc

If the above doesn't help, is the farmer collecting items but not storing them?
by Admin

• Calder Darkstone
  • Topic Author

Replied by Calder Darkstone on topic Farmer NPCs not putting harvested crops in storage

Posted 05 Apr 2021 13:38 #1416
Ahhhh...I did not understand that you shouldn't have Autoharvest selected. I believe that was/is the issue. So...Autowater okay, Autoharvest not okay if the NPC farmer is going to put the crops in storage.

Thank you once again, Cnayl!
by Calder Darkstone

• Admin

Posted 05 Apr 2021 14:33 #1417
Yes, NPC Farmers are not the brightest of soles and can't 'see' any harvested items, they only put into storage the things they collect from ripe plants.
by Admin

• Calder Darkstone
  • Topic Author

Replied by Calder Darkstone on topic Farmer NPCs not putting harvested crops in storage

Posted 07 Apr 2021 13:42 #1419
Update: 
- Unchecked Autoharvest on all of the crops / trees.
- Crops complete growing cycle and then restart to New.
- I can't see any evidence the harvested crops ended up in storage anywhere.
- Additionally, is it possible that occasionally the crop itself or farmer will "drop" a basket in place? I've noticed on fields with Autoharvest turned off, every once in awhile a basket appears above that field. Could still be user error on this one.  
by Calder Darkstone

• Admin

Posted 11 Apr 2021 13:23 #1420
Sometimes the farmer does manage to lose an item it is carrying, so that may be one thing.  For the crops, you can try adding manure to a crop that is at the 'growing' stage and that should move it to almost ready to be ripe, so keep an eye on it for 5-10 minutes and see if it produces any thing and/or gives any error message (you will need to stand next to it)

You can also try editing the item and in the description change the word Growing to Ripe and then reset the scripts and that will force it to be ripe straight away, so again you can see what happens.
by Admin

donate

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Mintor

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Lugo

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Sandy Island

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Julian Beach

opensim logo