Important Animal script version 5.8 - Interim release

• Admin
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 258

Animal script version 5.8 - Interim release was created by Admin

Posted 20 Feb 2022 10:46 #1816
It has been brought to my attention that there is a flaw in the current animal script that can cause performance problems for servers. It has to do with saving the animal status to a notecard. I will publish more details in the Development section for those interested, but I strongly recommend people to update their animals.  You can either use this new version, 5.8 which just disables saving to notecards, or you can try version 5.9 which brings a lot of new features as well as fixing the bug. Version 5.9 is undergoing final testing and I hope to release it within the next few days so if you are not noticing any issues you may wish to hold on for a few days to save having to update twice.

Version 5.8 animal rezzer/updater can be found in Box 1 in the Mintor store.
Last Edit:20 Feb 2022 10:51 by Admin
Last edit: 20 Feb 2022 10:51 by Admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ricky Fournier
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Ricky Fournier on topic Animal script version 5.8 - Interim release

Posted 03 Apr 2022 15:59 #1872
When I try this rezzer (5.9) to update critters it just locks up all my animals' access menus. I have to restart the sim to get them to work again. Anyone have any ideas? I rez the rezzer/updater and choose an animal type and that's that.
by Ricky Fournier

• Buzzy Cnayl
  • Thank you received: 45

Replied by Buzzy Cnayl on topic Animal script version 5.8 - Interim release

Posted 10 Apr 2022 07:48 #1879
I did get that once when testing but haven't managed to reproduce it since. Are you using the very latest 5.9 one (you can see the last update date on the float text on the beta box in the Mintor store)
by Buzzy Cnayl

donate

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Mintor

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Lugo

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Sandy Island

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Julian Beach

opensim logo