Question Updated Exchange

• Elke Craig
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7

Updated Exchange was created by Elke Craig

Posted 22 Sep 2020 00:33 #779
I WENT AND UPDATED THE EXCHANGE AND THE HUD AND NOW IT SAYS I ONLY HAVE 500Q WHEN I HAD OVER 10,000 AND I WENT FROM 100 XP TO 32 DID I SO SOMETHING WRONG.
Last Edit:22 Sep 2020 07:06 by Elke Craig
Last edit: 22 Sep 2020 07:06 by Admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Admin
  • Thank you received: 258

Replied by Admin on topic UDATED EXCHANGE

Posted 22 Sep 2020 07:04 #780
No, you didn't do anything wrong. Everyone has been reset to start with 0 XP and 500 quintos. This is because it is a new system (before we only had the points which were also the currency) Also all the beta testers points were on the test site which has now been cleared. So everyone is starting on the same point.

I did send an email explaining it all but will post it here also as I guess some people may not have received it. Sorry for any confusion.
Last Edit:22 Sep 2020 07:07 by Admin
Last edit: 22 Sep 2020 07:07 by Admin.

• Admin

Replied by Admin on topic UDATED EXCHANGE

Posted 22 Sep 2020 07:05 #781
First, thank you to all those that have been using and testing the beta HUD and exchange system.
We are now at a point where it feels ready to switch everyone over to the new system
Currently we are using points both as a way to buy and sell things but also as a measure of the activities you do.

With the new system this will split so that you will use coins (the Quinto) to buy and sell things on the Exchange and you will get points (experience points or XP) for the things you do. The plan is to gradually expand all the ways you can grow your XP.

Up to now, the points system has been reset each month and also has had some limits on how much you can earn. With the new system the aim is not to reset things or to limit transactions. This means you can buy and sell as suits the size of your farm etc. In the future I hope to introduce ways for people to work in groups and also better trade and the Quinto will be a key part of that trading.

The XP will be a measure of you are doing in terms of using, learning, expanding etc. (although as mentioned, a lot of that is still to come!)

I will be resetting everyone on or around the 22 of this month. Your XP will be set at zero and you will start with 500 Quinto’s.

To use the new system you will need to use the new version 5 HUD, the release version will be available from Tuesday morning at the Mintor store. You will also need to replace your Exchange board and kiosks with the new version. Note that if you have the beta versions you should also replace those with the new release versions.

I’m hoping the switch to the new system will be simple and go without problems, but computers and technology do like to find ways to trip people up, so I ask for your patience and understanding.
by Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Madame Maintenon

• Elke Craig
  • Topic Author

Replied by Elke Craig on topic UDATED EXCHANGE

Posted 22 Sep 2020 19:10 #791
thank you so much for that explanation it did help and now everything is working great still a little confused about the electric i have water towers and electric pumps because the electric pumps done seem to work in watering things
by Elke Craig

• Admin

Replied by Admin on topic Updated Exchange

Posted 22 Sep 2020 19:49 #792
You should only need one electric pump for the entire region, however if you are using the beta version rather than the current release I have found a problem with them that I'm looking in to.
by Admin

• Elke Craig
  • Topic Author

Replied by Elke Craig on topic Updated Exchange

Posted 22 Sep 2020 21:05 #793
ok so if i use just one one electric water pump it will reach everything in the region i just want to make sure i am understanding that correctly
by Elke Craig

donate

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Mintor

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Lugo

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Sandy Island

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Julian Beach

opensim logo