Question Rezzing latest version platforms crash region

• Brinley Taliesin
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 30

Rezzing latest version platforms crash region was created by Brinley Taliesin

Posted 21 Oct 2022 18:22 #2120
I have a friend who came to me saying when he rezzed out his platform from the newest version of Box 1 it would crash his region. It also crashed mine. To make sure he did not have a corrupt copy I went to Mintor and grabbed the latest Box 1 and Box 3, and both crash my region on rez. This is the multi-object inside each box that I am rezzing out. The objects are also all deleted from region when I log back in and region restarts. When I rez out an older version (5.0 Sep 2020 I think it said) there is no problem rezzing. We are running Opensim version "Consortium 1.0 22.05.09 Release" and Yengine scripting.
Last Edit:21 Oct 2022 18:25 by Brinley Taliesin
Last edit: 21 Oct 2022 18:25 by Brinley Taliesin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Buzzy Cnayl
  • Thank you received: 47

Replied by Buzzy Cnayl on topic Rezzing latest version platforms crash region

Posted 22 Oct 2022 11:31 #2130
I've put a box containing all the items from Box 1 as individual items near the entrance to the 'Learning centre' on Mintor. Please can you try picking that up and then try rezzing items one at a time and see if it's one particular item (if you have problems also with box 3 I suspect it's the storage items)

I will see if I can set up a test system with the consortium version but I do generally only test and develop for the standard 'official' version of opensim.
by Buzzy Cnayl

• Buzzy Cnayl

Posted 22 Oct 2022 14:09 #2136
I've set up using the latest version of Consortium ( github.com/Open-Consortium/consortium ) and tried all sorts of combinations and even with both the Display names and Experiences options enabled I can't reproduce the crashing, as everything rezzes okay. I even tried going in from a different grid to have minimal rights and still can rez okay. For the version I'm using it just shows as Version: Consortium 1.0 Dev (SIMULATION/0.3 - SIMULATION/0.8) so may be a newer version than the one you are using? If so may be worth asking whoever runs your grid to try updating to current download from their git.
by Buzzy Cnayl

• Brinley Taliesin
  • Topic Author

Replied by Brinley Taliesin on topic Rezzing latest version platforms crash region

Posted 22 Oct 2022 17:05 #2139
Ok when rezzing out each item from the box you provided, the "SF Small Field" crashes the region. Tried twice and both times crashed. Only that one. Square Field, Storage etc are all good. I wouldn't worry too much about it, if it works in your version it's probably fixed, and you can't be expected to provide support for every esoteric flavor of Opensim :)

We just recently switched to this Consortium version from the "official" Opensim stable release.I'll check and see if we have the most current version. I'm curious, while running your Consortium version, do you see NPC names, both above the NPC on their tag and also in the FS radar? On the version we have now, NPC names show as "Loading..." in radar, they have no name tag at all, and also in chat when they speak their name is "Loading...". Consortium says they are aware of the issue and it will be fixed in next update, is why I ask :)
by Brinley Taliesin

• Buzzy Cnayl

Posted 22 Oct 2022 18:11 #2141
Very odd that the small field is a problem but square is not as they both have exactly the same scripts, just different textures on products, so guess it may be something to do with one of the products although no idea why!

For the NPC's I do see the PNC name as long as I have my preferences set to not show Display Names but I'm not sure I have set those up properly yet as pretty much did a default install. Radar alas only shows 'Loading...' but to be honest I've seen that sometimes even in 'standard' opensim!
by Buzzy Cnayl

• Brinley Taliesin
  • Topic Author

Replied by Brinley Taliesin on topic Rezzing latest version platforms crash region

Posted 22 Oct 2022 19:52 #2143
Hmmm interesting...and what Opensim version do you normally use? TIA :)
by Brinley Taliesin

donate

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Mintor

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Lugo

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Sandy Island

hg.vivosim.net:8002:Julian Beach

opensim logo